Bethesda is the gateway to the Snowdonia National Park, sitting at the foot of the Glyderau & Carneddau mountains in Central Snowdonia, less than 15 minutes by car from the University & Cathedral City of Bangor on the North Wales coast.
The village is only 10 minutes from the A55 coast road that links North Wales the the M56 and M6 motorways with the North West.
Estimated driving times
- Liverpool to Bethesda - 1.5 hours.
- Manchester to Bethesda - 2 hours.
- Birmingham to Bethesda - 3 hours.
- London to Bethesda - 5 hours.
By train or bus
See the National Rail website & Traveline Cymru for public transport information. Bangor is approx. two hours from Manchester by train, and the journey from London Euston to Bangor takes around three hours. Bus onwards to Bethesda takes approx 30 minutes.
From Ireland, you can cross on the ferry to Holyhead, a 3.5 hr crossing. Holyhead is 45 minutes from Bethesda by car. See these websites for timetables:
Both Manchester Airport and Liverpool John Lennon Airport are just over two hours from Bethesda by train.
- Manchester Airport
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Anglesey Airport runs mid-week flights between Anglesey and Cardiff only.